14 May Candle Magic
Candles have been used for centuries in many traditional spells and rituals, as they can absorb and release energy when burned. The color of the candle is an important factor, as each color contains specific energy inherent to that color, which focuses the energy of the spell toward the desired outcome. White, the most common, represents purity, light, peace and spiritual enlightenment.
White candles are used in:
- Protection spells
- Cleansing rituals
- Healing spells
- Truth seeking
- Connecting with one’s higher self
- Meditation Astral projection
- Summoning spirit guides
Because white light is made up of all colors, a white candle can be substituted for another color if needed.
Once your candles have been anointed, you can perform one of the following spells. Just remember to use a new candle for each spell.
If you want to send good fortune, luck or health to a loved one, use this spell to perform a blessing for them.
- Write down a blessing on paper, focusing on the particular area you want to help your loved one with, such as “May my best friend Vlad be blessed with a child of his own. Please give him the gift of new life.”
- Carve the name of the person into the candle.
- Anoint the candle with blessing oil or holy oil.
- Light the candle and recite the blessing. Focus your intent on the words you have written.
- Pinch out or snuff the candle flame.
- Repeat the spell for seven days or longer if desired. Re-anoint the candle once a week.
Ghost Removal Spell
If you feel you are being bothered by an unseen entity in your home, try this simple spell to make it leave.
- Fill a bag or container with sea salt that you can carry with you.
- Light a white candle and place it in your right hand.
- Grab a handful of salt in your left hand.
- Begin walking backward into each room of your home. Sprinkle salt in the corners and chant while you’re walking, “Spirits leave this place and never return.”
- Make your way to the northernmost corner of your home and snuff out the candle.
Healing spells should always be used with conventional medicine and medical treatment. You’ll need to gather extra supplies for this spell:
- Sage bundle
- Lavender oil
- Spring/mineral water
- White flower petals
- Letter of intention
Follow these steps:
- Write down all of your healing wishes, including how you want that person to feel and what body part or ailment needs to be corrected. For example, “With these healing thoughts, I wrap Grandma Donald’s tiny, arthritic hands in a blanket of healing light, removing all inflammation and easing her pain.”
- Carve a symbol representing the person into the candle.
- Holding the candle, ask the higher power of your belief to empower the healing energy you are casting. Create a mental image of the person you are helping looking happy and healthy and focus your intent as long as possible.
- Light the sage bundle.
- Put the candle, bowl and letter of intention through the smoke to flush away any negativity surrounding the person you are helping.
- Place the letter in the bottom of the bowl.
- Rub honey around the top half of the candle, starting in the middle and working upward.
- Start at the point where the honey begins and rub lavender oil around the bottom of the candle, working downward.
- Place the candle on the letter.
- Pour a ring of salt around the candle and add some sage and mint.
- Pour a small amount of spring water into the bowl.
- Add the flower petals to the surface of the water.
- Light the candle and visualize the person being surrounded by healing white light. Focus on the candle’s flame and recite a short incantation about sending white healing light, love and blessings to the person in need.
- Allow the candle to burn itself out if possible. If not, snuff out the flame. Relight the candle and repeat the incantation over a period of several days if desired.
- Once you are done with the spell, bury the remaining materials.
Sometimes you might find it necessary to stop someone else from harming you, your possessions or even from harming his or herself. A binding spell will bind that person from the negative activity he or she is engaging in. For this spell, you will need the following items:
- Small tray
- Sea salt
- Sage or rosemary
- Pen and ink
- Black thread
Focus on stopping the activity that is having a negative effect on your life and follow these steps:
- Set the candle on a tray to catch the extra wax drippings.
- Use a straight pin to attach a picture of the person you wish to bind to the candle.
- Pour a ring of salt around the candle.
- Pour a second ring of sage or rosemary around the salt ring.
- Write down the things you want to prevent the person from doing on the paper. Use red ink if these activities make you angry or purple ink if they make you sad or hurt your feelings. For example, “I bind Sean from spreading false rumors about me.”
- Tear or cut your statements into small strips of paper and place them on the tray around the candle.
- Wrap the black thread around the person’s picture and the candle.
- Light the candle and recite what you have written on the slips of paper.
- Allow the candle wax to drip over the picture and the thread while you meditate, focusing your intent on binding this person from those negative activities. Snuff the flame when you are finished.
- Light the candle for the next seven days, repeating the words on the paper, focusing your intent and allowing a thick layer of wax to build over the thread and image.